Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hotel Upgrade

My life has been a practiced art of simplicity for the past year and a half. I just realized that I am upgrading and I can barely stop myself. I don't want to get soft or lose my edge. I want to remain content with what I have yet strive to have more...more experiences. I still appreciate the little things like a nicer hotel room. So today I changed hotels. You might remember my former residence, the place where armed policemen were pointing their guns at my home. I doubt that will happen here. This place doesn't have balconies, all room entrances are on the inside. I didn't realize what a roach motel I had been living in until I came here. Here is the Comfort Suites. But to me, it is such a step up that it ranks better than Hiltons and Marriotts I have stayed at before. Mainly because my expectations are much simpler now. And to tell you the truth I don't know when Comfort suites became so nice, but I am impressed. First things first, they have a pool. And it is really hot here. They have a full breakfast buffet, not cold cereal and doughnut holes with tang, like my last place. And this place really is a small suite. I have a king bed with a fancy comforter, a desk, a sofa (with pull out bed) fridge and microwave, real tile in the bathroom. I don't have to toggle the lever to get the commode to stop running water. I can't hear my neighbors. I can leave my curtains open because I don't have to worry about someone walking right by my room outside. I get complimentary membership to a local gym while I stay here. Previously, I couldn't find a place that would give me monthly memberships in town and daily rates at the gym were $10/day, so this is a really nice amenity. I get a daily newspaper. I can have both my pets in the room for a small additional fee. I am literally across the street from work so if I forget something or need to change clothes it is very convenient. I am in heaven. I only wish I had taken more pictures of the interiors of places I stayed before so that my readers could fully understand my drastic change in environment.
I am in the process of getting bus fixed so I can live aboard it again, but for now I am going to enjoy my vacation quality home.

Here are some pics:
Notice here that there are two mints on the bed, shortly after this picture there was only one...and a dog with a guilty look on her face.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy you are enjoying life's "Comfort's" You have come a long way and have done well with all your hard work and determination!

    ReplyDelete