Monday, April 23, 2012

Best Spring yet

Life has been grand.  Spring weather is fully here.  Heading out is no longer an exercise in layering multiple layers of clothes.  Shorts, T-shirts and flip flops have been moved to the front of the bus closet.  Volleyball games beckon.  Days are getting longer.  I enjoy the Denver weather.  The sometimes brutal cold of winter makes it a more profound change into the blissful days of Spring.  

The Trooper still likes to keep me on my toes.  I can't get complacent into taking it for granted.  At any given moment it may or may not decide to start.  Most of the times it does and most other times I have learned what tricks to pull out to get it running.  The other day it decided to challenge me further (I suspect it was onto my little work arounds).  It threw the power steering pump belt off the pulley after a particularly difficult starting session.  It did so while I was driving down the interstate.  Changing lanes required gripping the steering wheel firmly with both hands just to change lanes.  Making a right hard turn limbered up my arm and shoulder muscles for the volleyball game I was going to.  Parallel parking was turned into a 15 minute game of tug of war with the steering wheel.  After volleyball I returned to the crippled car and saw it was just a belt had been thrown and not my worst fear that the power steering pump had given up the ghost.  After a 45 minute street side repair, the steering was a one finger affair.  I love my Trooper but I don't trust it.  I travel with two toolboxes...just in case.  I'm glad I do.

Last night, we resumed our weekly poker game after 3 weeks of dormancy.  I celebrated by winning the tournament style game.  That $40 dollars will get me a half tank of gas in my car.  

I have not been as diligent with my camera lately.  I blame it on my somewhat normal, domestic lifestyle.  It isn't normal and I will be snapping more shots to add to my commentary.  

There is a group camping trip planned for Memorial day.  I am really looking forward to that.  I live for all the major summer holidays, and spending them outdoors in the majestic Rockies with good people is a slice of heaven for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment