Saturday, June 22, 2013

Evergreen, CO

I went up to the Mountains for a mid-week break, courtesy of Rob, a Ranger at Bear Creek Campground (and future builder of his own motor-home).  He took me up to Evergreen where I was introduced to a few other like minded people.  It was a good day of conversation and cold ones.
I saw my first deer this summer, right next to their house.  The deer allowed me to get really close and didn't think I was a risk. This is prior to me holding a pump action shotgun.   Here is a little video.

At one point Shawn (sp?), our host in Evergreen,  pulled out his shotgun that he had never fired (I think he was going to return it because it was missing some accessories) and let us all take turns taking a few shots.  Here is a video of me taking out some empty cans.  It was a good ol' fun mountain man time.

And this video of what I fear is my car slowly starting to give up the ghost.  Head gasket issues, now transmission.  I will be car shopping this coming week.  Dashboard lights code- yellow (not serious, take care of at your leisure), Red (Serious-take care of immediately), Blinking red-(Very, very serious, stop the car immediately or problem will cause failure any second now and leave your butt stranded).


1 comment:

  1. Time to locate a 1st gen Dodge pickup with the cummins :), no more vehicle problems and if yer bus breaks down, you can use it to tow it to town with :p.

    ReplyDelete