Sunday, February 9, 2014

Trifecta

For those of you who have wondered if I am still blogging, this post is for you.  

At the end of summer of 2013 I discovered Chatfield State Park and call it my favorite camping spot in the Denver area.  Now that it is winter it offers a new kind of beauty.  (I will play catch up with the summer beauty in another post later).  The lake is frozen, the ground is white and the air is cold.  A few days ago we were playing in negative degree territory.  Today is a nice 25 degrees.  
What I am most anticipating during this 2 week visit is wildlife watching.  I think I have found the perfect spot to try to capture (on film, at least) two of the more elusive creatures I would love to see.  Bears and Mountain Lions.  I found these little signs in an obscure corner of the sprawling park.  I call it the trifecta of wildlife viewing opportunity.  

It is the first time I have seen all three signs posted at one location.
And for those checking this blog from your phones allow me to list each individually.


I feel hopeful.  I am also thinking this is an excellent excuse to invest in one of those field cameras that take pictures via motion detector and night vision.  You know, just to increase my odds of success.

2 comments:

  1. So, are you done traipsing around the country at this point? You've been in Colorado for a couple years now.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any luck getting critter photos?

    ReplyDelete