Monday, October 24, 2011

Here comes winter

I have been enjoying a rather warm, very comfortable fall here in Denver.  That looks to be changing tomorrow night.  There is a winter weather alert for a snow storm heading our way.  Forecast yesterday was 70% chance, today it is 90%.   Here in the front range area of Denver, we are to expect up to 3 inches of accumulation.  Exciting stuff, since my arrival into Colorado in Mid February, I have only witnessed a few dustings of snow.
It is time to get my bus geared up for a western winter.  It looks like I will be staying in the Denver area until at least spring or early summer.
I have been experiencing city living and having an assortment of people and activities to enjoy.  I am an paradoxical blend of loner and people person.  Being in Denver gives me a chance to exercise my social butterfly.  I also have been working part time that allows me to enjoy going out and playing.  I will probably curtail this activity somewhat over the winter season in order to continue my travels this spring.
I have this strong desire to head down towards Central or South America.   I will write more about this at another time.
I haven't been posting as faithfully as I would like.  Part of the reason is that I post most of my latest activities on facebook.  I have been doing 'normal' stuff in the past couple of months.  For example, I attended a costume party this past Saturday.  I play volleyball occasionally.  I visit with new friends.  Not really the adventurous material that I post here.   Besides living on a bus, my life is pretty normalized.  I do love looking out from various locations and seeing the Rockies cover the entire horizon.  I am not kidding when I say every sunrise and sunset is the absolute best I have ever seen.  In just a couple of days the mountains will be covered in white again.
I look forward to the change in weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment