Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Radiator Problem Solved

Finally, the radiator issue I have been having since my drive back from Eastern Colorado is now no more.  I had removed the radiator fan and mounting brackets two months ago in an effort to find a mechanic who could help me.  Not an easy task.  So for the past two months I have been limited to about a 5 mile drive before the engine would start to overheat.
That is all behind me now.  Repair has been completed for the bargain price of $400.  So the first thing I do after I get my healed up bus is take it on the road.  I drove right out of Denver and up to Boulder.  A 45 minute drive that gave me a chance to stretch the legs of my once hobbled bus.  It felt so good to drive for more than 5 minutes without having to stop.  I kept a nervous eye on the temperature gauge just in case there was a problem.  There were none.
I am sitting in a laundromat right now, giving my comforters a thorough washing.  Note to self, laundromats in Boulder are the most expensive I've come across.  But, they do have wi-fi.  And I am in Boulder.  I LOVE this place and I love that my bus is road trip worthy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment