Friday, August 26, 2011

Been Thinking

Life has been really good lately here in the Mile High city.  Plenty of active activities abound.  I have been trying to figure out how to articulate what my goal is the past couple of weeks.  It is tough to sum up in a sentence or even a post.   The best I have so far is that I want to tell the story of my life through words, pictures and video.  Of the three, video is the most exciting to me.  It moves me the most and I am most passionate about it.  Currently, my video projects are just labors of love, not spectacular or artistic.  I have vast quantities of videos taking up space on my hard drives.  The quality of the footage is average at best, partially because of my camera and partially because of my inexperience.  My goal is to upgrade both.

I was introduced to guy through facebook that lives up the road in Boulder.  His name is Ryan Van Duzer.  I plan on getting together with him next time I am up in Boulder.  His life is awesome and he has such skill at sharing it.  His personal passion seems to be cycling.  Here are a couple of his sites. Duzertv.com and Ryanvanduzer.com

Check out the video's below to see what I think is High Quality storytelling.  I am using the following as examples of techniques.  It is ok if you simply enjoy.
This video is a series of three (each one minute long)  This is a cool way to tell a short story.  (If you like it, click on the videos 'Learn' and 'Eat' that are on that site as well. My favorite is 'Learn')  Alot of work for such short videos.  

This video is just pure fun to watch and demonstrates what can be done with a DSLR  and some slow motion editing software.  This is cutting edge cool and I could envision using this technique in my story telling. 

 The following videographer lives in Boulder as well and I will be looking into introducing myself to him as well.  His life story is incredible.  He lived in tents for years and dumpster diving pursuing his dream of rock climbing.  His video making talents get him sponsored trips around the world, like the Himalayas.  This video is after he broke some vertebrae and fractured his skull.  Still living the dream.

Living The Dream 2 from renan ozturk on Vimeo.

The guy above, Renan, also made this video.  He is following his photographer friend and other rock climbers.  

Enjoy, while I go start making my dream a reality.  

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you have a dream as most people live day by day with no dream or purpose and end up wasting so many years. I know doing the things you are passionate about makes life worth living. You seem to have your dream taking shape and are having many good experiences in pursuing it. I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete