Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Rockies Ballgame

I went out to the ballpark last night.  Even though I am not the biggest baseball fan, being out on a Tuesday night in such an animated crowd was great.  Coors Field is located in downtown Denver and provides spectacular views of the mountain range.  Unfortunately the blasted security fence, presumably to keep jumpers at bay, obstructed my camera lens from getting a decent picture.  Nonetheless, I was stoked at being able to enjoy my first professional baseball game in years.  The ticket price was a whopping $4 for Rock Pile seats (Center Field, Upper deck).  My hot dog cost $5.50.  Me confused.
As my life has demonstrated, when it rains it pours.  In a good way.  So after just attending my first game last night, I am already booked to go to another game this Friday night.  And the good times just keep on rollin'.  Man, it great to be a simple guy.

These are not my perfectly manicured nails holding the ticket.




After the game we headed to LoDo (Lower Downtown), specifically the 16th Street Mall.  This is the main strip in Denver.  It is closed to regular street traffic.  There are many pianos sprinkled along the street for whoever wants to sit down and bust out in song.  That is exactly what Joanna did.

Denver's appeal only gets better and better.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to see you having fun experiences with a good group of friends.

    ReplyDelete