Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas in Denver

I have been enjoying the Christmas season here in Denver.  I went to Casa Bonita, a mexican restaurant with an indoor cliff diving show.  I was a guest of my friend Leanne's family.  17 of us went to this cultural eatery.  I won't lie to you.  It wasn't exactly culinary genius in the meals but the atmosphere and company made it a meal to remember.






Leanne (her brother Mike and sister in law, Tamzin, in the background)









Leanne's daughter, Amy Caroline and her friend Kaila.






 Leanne's Mom getting serenaded by the house band






Me




One of the performances during the meal.









For Christmas I received my coveted boots and waterproof video camera among other things.  I haven't gotten any worthy video yet but I look forward to posting some from it soon.  I wear my boots all the time.  I do switch them out when I will be doing something really dirty (like working under the bus).

I have a little video of 3 clips I took during this last snow.  (All taken on my old camera)  Normally I wouldn't post because I didn't have enough to make a quality video but this will show the kind of snow we had before Christmas.  It all fell within 12 hrs.  Denver has had more snow this year already than all of last winter, according to the weather service.  Freezing temperatures following the snow made for interesting driving situations.

The video shows me on the bus after the snow has been coming down for a couple of hours, then Nala running in the snow and finally me driving the work truck with John down snowy Colorado roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment