Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tornado Sirens going off

I have been spending a rainy Saturday afternoon in the library. I woke up to rain coming down and thunder crashing in the background. Being on the bus during a rain storm is still one of my favorite things. Especially wrapped in my blankets with warm pets around me.
But a few minutes ago and now again the tornado sirens are going off. And everybody in the library is looking at one another and going back to surfing online or reading their book. Not me. I check weather.com, see a tornado has been spotted about 10 miles from here and I go outside to see how things are looking. Just very, very loud sirens. It isn't even very windy. I have scoped out the safest place in the library in case things get hairy, but I am worried about my pets on the bus in the parking lot.
I have a feeling that if I do ever catch up with a tornado that my video will have a very 'Cloverfield' feel to it. A true cinema verite experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment