Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas Wish List

Updates in Yellow 11/27/11
To make it possible for those who really want to get me something for Christmas I will attempt to take some of the guessing out of the process.  This is by no means a solicitation for gifts but if you are one of those people that will get me something anyhow, I would rather have something off the list or similar than a holiday tie or a pack of white t-shirts.
You will recognize that the things I want are focused on experiences and capturing or enjoying said experiences.  Care packages of small items are cool too.  Feel free to share your list with me and my constricted budget. :)
This is a beautiful thing to blogging.  You can let people know what you really desire without specifically telling them.  How many husbands and wives have lied to each other and said they don't want anything when they secretly hope for something or for the other person to magically (without a clue) come up with the perfect gift.  Please allow me to remove the mystery where I am concerned.  And if I don't get anything from the list I am ok with that too.  If someone is compelled to gift I would be thrilled to know they found a great deal.  Craigslist and eBay are great places to get creative too.  The web sites I give with some items are to just be considered starting points.
So without further ado...
  
Christmas Wish List
Waterproof Digital camcorder - Kodak PlaySport (Zx5) HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera 

DSLR camera- This falls under my wish on a miracle list.  If someone has a DSLR that they were going to upgrade or they know where to get one cheaply or finds a ridiculous deal on craigslist- I would love to be able to take high quality photos.   I am throwing this out there cause stranger things have happened.

Boots- I have a very particular pair of boots that I love, love, love, sadly I loved a hole through the soles.  They were the most comfortable boots ever, probably the most comfortable footwear ever.  Plus they were very convenient for putting on and taking off (especially when Nala needs to go for her bathroom walk at midnight on a winter night). The front and back 'pulls' help put the boot on  They dress up and they dress down.  Dark Brown and size 10 1/2 are the only requirements.  They don't even have to be this brand.  In fact last Black Friday(2010) I saw a Chaps brand on sale for $99.  Heck if you find a used pair at Goodwill I would be thankful.  Here is the exact brand I had. (Be sure to click the dark brown color, not the default moss)  http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10842924 

Tickets to Events in Denver (Pairs of tickets ideally, so I can go with a friend):

Any Theater Production- The Buell Theater has the best shows.  Bring it On and Lord of the Dance would be good shows.  Don't spend big bank, only good deals.  This shouldn't be more than a $100 gift for two tickets. I am not too hoity toity to go to local productions. This is just a pure luxury item.

Museums- $12/ticket  http://www.dmns.org/


Ski Passes (specials on multiple days) or even coupons for discounts. Desired mountains - Copper, Breckenridge, Vail, Keystone and Arapahoe. (Multiple day passes may need me present to be photographed.  Gift card options towards purchase.  Not a high priority but nice to have.  Many friends have passes so I would have someone to go with.

Small gift cards for Walmart ($20) for Propane, bus fluids, starter fluid, little essentials.

Gym Membership for a month- 24 Hour Fitness is my first choice.  I think this should be a $30 gift.

Groupon vouchers are cool too.  Something Denver or Mountain related (experiences, etc)

Bus Pass to get around town- The $79 one month, 1-2 zone pass.  http://www.rtd-denver.com/Fares.shtml  (may require me to be present to be photographed, unsure)

RV Park Pass (the state pass about $80) http://parksstore.state.co.us/p-2-2011-annual-pass.aspx  This crazy state requires a pass to just enter a state park even if you pay a camping fee, there is still an additional $7 per day fee on top of that.

Stay at RV campground in Denver.  One day up to one week.  Must be pet friendly.  Should be flexible with dates.

Stay at RV campground in the Colorado Mountains. (Would have to be good for several months since I may not use it right away. But it would give me a destination place to visit and I could invite friends) Date flexibilty essential.

Straight Talk phone card (from Walmart) $30 -1000 minutes and 1000 text for a month. Don't need the $45 unlimited plan.

$40 in Virgin Mobile Broadband cards for a month of mobile Wi-Fi.  Not a must have but a nice to have.

As always, I accept Cash, Checks and all forms of gift cards.  This list is specific but may able to shed a little light onto what  would make a good gift for someone like me.  Maybe you can even think of something creative and unique that I would appreciate.   I need to see if there is a site that offers a Christmas registry so that the worry of gift duplication is eliminated.  I will post if I find such a thing and welcome suggestions. My brother, Mark, will act as a gift registry.  So if you are worried about gifting a duplicate item just contact him at  markbordeaux@me.com    I reserve the right to update (read: add more stuff) at a later date. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment