Monday, November 21, 2011

Masquerade Event

This past weekend I spent time with friends down in Colorado Springs.  It is a slight departure from my regular posts about the great outdoors and adventure seeking.  This time I donned a suit that is usually reserved for funerals and weddings (since I have no intention of seeking employment where I would ever need to wear one again)  It was great fun playing dress up and socializing.  Conversation was lively and lubricated with homemade apple cider beer.  This slightly sweet beverage went down way too easy but not in a debilitating way.  Jason and Andrea concocted the mystical brew (their first time) with much success.
People gathered in circles and mingled.  I found myself at the table engaged in the taboo party subjects of politics and religion.  As I suspected, I held views contrary to the majority at the party.  I am ok with that.  What made it so much fun is that my opposition was educated and well versed on their opinions.  Me likes some intelligent conversation.  I have a healthy respect for the differing views of others and am always hopeful to pick up a new nugget of wisdom.
A few of spent the night and enjoyed sleeping in late the next morning.  We had a large breakfast consisting of eggs, cheese, grits and bread.  Then the siren song of the hot tub beckoned us outdoors to enjoy the sunny southern Colorado day.  A very good weekend indeed.   I never promised I would rough it every day.
Here are some pics from the event.

A mutual animal lover, Calandra, showed up with her dog in costume.

This same girl gave me some of the more interesting, heated discussions.

A group shot of most of the people who attended

Who are those masked men?

Looky what I found


Jason, Andrea, Laura and Nate

Nate and Laura

Hot Tub Ninja protects his cider

No comments:

Post a Comment