Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving in Denver

I spent Thanksgiving with new found friends in Denver yesterday. It was a pleasant surprise since I had no plans 3 days prior to the big holiday.  The spread of food rivaled any family Thanksgiving event I have attended.  Truly impressive, especially since this was the hostesses first time cooking a turkey.  There were so many delicious side dishes to satisfy every holiday feast desire.  The company was just as spectacular as the meal.  All the dynamic different personalities combined together in a complimentary fashion.  We all found ourselves not able to be with our families and so we made an environment that was the next best thing.  I may have to dial down my personality at events because I have a tendency to want to get to the meat and potatoes of conversation and I don't always wait for an invitation to ask semi-personal questions and share my own semi-personal stories.
Overall I found the whole experience a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving.  I would have been content to spend it alone but this was so much better.  I am thankful that I was able to be involved with this group of people.

The hostesses- Crystal and Lindsey

Daniel and Lindsey

 Matt and Leanne- Friends I have known the longest in Denver

Megan and DJ - Two of my favorite conversationalists AND they are both graduates of UVA where my parents went to school.

Group shot-Smiling cause our bellies are full


My deer in the headlights imitation

My plate of goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment