Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Creative Jobs

Living by your wits is very hard work. It can get stressful at times, but surprises have a way of turning up. Although my monetary needs are about a fifth of what they use to be, I still need to have a steady source of income. Although I will work up an exact budget of my expenses later this week, I estimate that I can live very comfortably on $100/week. More if I eat better food and my automotive leaks increase.
I find I am quite resistant to actively seeking out a typical job. I could probably pick up a dishwasher job or something like it in a day of job seeking. I have been passively (ie online) looking for a bartending job. But even that doesn't fire me up. So I have been spending a great amount of time and energy seeking out any and all other types of jobs. I have sold Plasma for cash and can do so twice a week. Kind of a hassle, I have to catch a metro bus into downtown and it eats up about 3hrs of my day, when all is said and done. I am very much into earning money in non-traditional ways. Two maybe's right now are: 1. A public service TV announcement on Smoking that pays $100 and 2. Vanderbilt Clinical Trials-MRI brain scan and skin biopsy that pays $200. I am keeping my fingers crossed on these last two. Much more up my alley-unique and interesting.
But I may have to bite the bullet and get a traditional job just so I can save up enough to move on to tornado alley in a month. Plus there are many upgrades still to be completed on the bus...indoor plumbing at the top of that list.
Keith and Bethany have gone above and beyond in helping me out. They are renovating their house and have given me some projects to help out with for a little extra money.
Anyhow that is my report for now...
Sign of my side of Nashville
This sign at my bus stop. I understand no parking...but no standing?? at a bus stop?? Me confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment