Monday, March 22, 2010

My new love

I have been watching this little dream ever since fall. She caught my eye as I was walking down the aisle in Walmart one evening. She stopped me dead in my tracks, I couldn't help but stare. Ever since then, whenever I was in Walmart I would look for her. Sometimes even when I was in other stores I would look for her. She is a thing of beauty. She has a sexy shape and is very appealing to the eye. I was not the only man checking this little beauty out.
Well today I took the plunge, because today I woke up cold and I knew she was just the thing to properly warm me up. Plus today she was cheap...and I like 'em cheap.
She is a sturdy thing I like to call my 'Tough Buddy'. The perfect companion for a weather wearied nomadic traveler like myself. And she smells sooo good. She makes me smile as I type. And now she is mine...all mine. She is a little gluttonous but she is worth it.

Mr Heater must be her daddy's name.

TB can be such a flirt...here she is winking at me.
This heater is 1/2 the size and twice the BTU's (heat) of the kerosene heater I have been using. It has always been too expensive to justify buying, plus it consumes a small fortune in propane. But today I have upgraded my heating options. No more sloshing kerosene fuel or rattling kerosene cage as I drive down the road. This is much safer to use regarding carbon monoxide poisoning. It also has a fan that is run by 4 'D' cell batteries. I can also buy an optional hose to be able to hook it up to a 20lb tank. I truly have been wanting this heater since I first laid eyes on it. Perfect for the bus. And in the dogs days of summer, it is easy enough to store away until next season.

3 comments:

  1. You made it through the entire cold-ass winter and wake up in non-frigid weather and decide you're cold!?

    Happy for the health benefits, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've Upgraded! Not because I was cold but because it was clearanced to $50 from $140, big difference. I plan on going places, like the mountains where it will still be nice to have some heat. Go ahead and spend the night outside tonight and let me know if you get cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, no. No need to spend the night outdoors when I have a roof to sleep under. That is a good deal..one I wouldn't pass up on either.

    ReplyDelete