Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Landed One Cool Job Today

I got the word today that I am booked to do the Public Service Announcement about smoking. It is a paying job ($100) but more importantly it is a resume builder for landing even better parts in film and video. I am so stoked to get this opportunity. It is exactly why I chose this lifestyle. I don't worry about conflict between my 'day job' and following my dreams, where ever they may take me.
On a sadder note, the slave cylinder on my clutch has given up the ghost. I am stuck. I am going to attempt to fix it myself. I am crossing my fingers there is a $10 kit NAPA carries that will provide rubber seals that I can fix myself. If not, I am going to be in a very unhappy situation. Also my power steering still has a leak, that is thus far, manageable. Also my generator won't start. Aside from not being able to microwave popcorn, brew coffee and have electric heat, the big issue is that I can't recharge my batteries. Nashville has been overcast about 85% of the time I have been here, which literally does nothing for my solar panels.
I must confess something. I have bus envy. I have been taking the city transit bus to get into downtown and they are NICE. Headroom galore, Big Windows all around, air suspension ride, automatic transmission, no condensation on the windshield....Mmmmm, all the good stuff. I look around and I can envision where I would put the bed, kitchen, cabinets, bathroom, 60in Plasma, Leather sofa and recliner, jacuzzi. But I still love my bus the best, it's got character and originality. Still I can't help but notice some of the nice to haves of the city bus.
I am working on a couple of video's to post. Keep an eye out for those.

4 comments:

  1. Of all then envy's to have; you have bus envy! Got to admit, I've never been on a city bus before so I just don't see it. Fnatastic imagination you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't covet much. But after riding the city bus I couldn't help but to gawk at the possibilities. Also I am trying to offset my Sasquatch sized carbon footprint from driving my bus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here, here...yes, tiny shoes are better for Mother Earth. We will all appreciate you even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked my 'Green' answer. Another part of the truth is there is nowhere to park the bus when I want to go into downtown Nashville, so the city bus is the ticket.

    ReplyDelete