Thursday, March 11, 2010

My photogenic Bus

It still amazes me how many people take a picture of my bus. No matter where I go, barely a day goes by without someone taking a picture of it. About half the time they don't know (or don't care) that I am on the bus. I know the look, they casually walk out of their way to the remote part of the parking lot where I find it easier to park the bus with their cell phone or camera in their hand. They snap a couple of shots of the front and side and go back to their vehicle. I am always flattered, nobody has ever taken a picture of something I drove before, at least not without me asking them to. I take dozens of pics of my bus, but that is because it is my pride and joy. I know it is unusual and special. It does stand out and I never see other RV's getting their picture taken. My bus is a star! But there is a down side to being a celebrity bus, there is no covert parking in certain lots after hours. I use to worry it was because it was the RV version of the bearded lady at the State Fair, but the people who actually talk to me after taking the pictures have nothing but positive comments about the bus.
It is a pretty cool thing.
I caught this sneaky Canadian taking a picture this morning. He was a little surprised I wanted a photo of him. He was a really nice guy named Richard. Him and his wife were returning from Florida heading back to Canada (evidently he has to cross the border by Thursday...no real reason given. Hmmm) He was a talker, so am I. I wish we would have met sooner, I could have talked for hours with him. He had that real strong Canadian accent, pretty cool.

Here is a picture of my 'urban camping' spot. It is a real busy place for RV'ers and big rigs. But my bus hides nicely in the middle of them. (Richards RV is peeking out on the right side)
This is the Nashville library branch I have gone to occassionally. It is a very small library. Someone needs to hit that roof with a pressure washer. But Nala makes me go cause the squirrels in the surrounding park are plump and slow.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe cause it resembles to bus in Forrest Gump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling well, I've had large numbers of people do double takes and photos when the old Express rolls through :p.

    ReplyDelete