Saturday, April 17, 2010

Vanderbilt Study-Clinical Trials Pt1 Concluded

I have completed my 3 night stay for the clinical research trials. I was discharged yesterday morning, and I slept most of the day yesterday. I had to go back downtown to Vanderbilt this morning at 8am for another blood draw. I will have to do this every couple of days, which is kind of a hassle, but only takes 5 minutes to do it. It is the commute that eats up an hour and a half there and back. I take the city bus of course.
I have been feeling listless and lethargic these past several days. I attribute it as a side effect of the TB medicine I was given. No other side effects though.
I became a touch paranoid during my in patient stay. Probably because they had a camera and infrared lightboard pointing right at my bed. My room was one frequently used for sleep studies. If they were watching me during the study they (I always use the paranoid term 'they' when discussing unknown hospital activities) may have noticed that I scratched as much as a major league ballplayer or maybe I tended to tuck my hand in my waistband while watching TV, not unlike Al Bundy. Or maybe they never turned the camera on...
Here is a video of my final dinner and an excellent example of me taking advantage of being able to choose whatever I want off the menu. What do you expect when you hand a starving man a menu with those kind of options. (you can see the camera above the mural at the beginning of the video)


No comments:

Post a Comment