Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Vanderbilt Study-Day One

Don't let the title fool ya, It is really day 2 for me but the way they count here yesterday was day zero (Check In) and today is day 1. I was awaken at 6am to check my vitals. At 7am I was given my breakfast, scrambled eggs, english muffin and orange juice. ( I can't believe I got scrambled eggs!!, but that is the only meal they choose for me)

At 7:45 they set me up with what I call my 'docking station', the semi-permanent place they will be doing hourly blood checks on me. Presumably to check medicine levels in my system. I took the 4 pills of the experimental drug today, TMC, at 8am. Then at 9am, 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 4pm, 8pm I had a tube of blood drawn.

I have been kind of bored today as I waited for Nurse Erin to come siphon off some of my life source in the name of science. I surfed online and walked around the corridors. I look forward to tomorrow when I can roam the campus after my 8am blood draw. I don't have anything to do for the rest of the day, except eat and sleep. My next blood draw will be the next morning at 8am but they want me to stay at the hospital so they can feed me and keep an eye on me. I am good with that. I can think of worse things than being stuck in downtown Nashville on a beautiful spring day. Don't hate me because I do science.

3 comments:

  1. Something about hospital testing..they love scrambled eggs..at least you got some fruit to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something about hospital testing...they love scrambled eggs...at least you got some fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice being able to pick off the menu whatever I wanted. I really ate too much while I was there.

    ReplyDelete