Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The house that Elway built

I have been spending more time learning the bike trails around Denver.  Trails is a misnomer, more like mini-interstates for cyclists.  These are scenic arteries that one can ride without fear of getting t-boned by a SUV.  One route is beside a creek and is sunken in between two one-way streets.   Ironically, I am more wary of on-coming biker traffic than anything else.  This fear and the fact that I am the only joker (besides the most seriously mentally ill, homeless people) that doesn't wear a helmet, I have taken to protecting my melon in a brain basket.
On my last tour, I visited the house that Elway built, aka. Invesco Field.  For my non-sports enthusiast followers, this is the home field for the Denver Broncos.  I have driven past this stadium over a dozen times in a motor vehicle and have been itching to go down and take a closer look.  Yesterday I did exactly that.   The main entrance has statue figures of wild broncos stampeding up a stream towards the stadium.  To me this type of sculpture is high art.  It is breath taking to behold.  


If this isn't cool then I am a horse's...

In the Modeling Biz this look  is called 'Blue Steel'.  I learnt that from Zoolander.

Never has still art felt so alive to me.

At the top, Alpha Bronco and I practiced our conflict resolution skills


Musing by the waterfront near the stadium


No comments:

Post a Comment