Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Water balloon/Capture the Flag Battle

I find myself looking for any way to enjoy the outdoors in Colorado.  Even alternative ways.  After a day of playing volleyball in Wash Park a group of people told me about a water balloon fight that was to happen at another park at 8pm.  I was tired and sunburned but after main lining a caffeine infusion I decided that it might be fun.  It turned out to be great fun.  I channeled my 15 year old inner child and ran around the park carrying a man bag (yes, I am that secure with my manliness) filled with water balloons.  We played a version of capture the flag where you 'tag' the opposing team by pegging them with a water balloon.  My bag of balloons allowed my team to reload without running back 100 yards to where the bulk of our arsenal was kept at home base.  This proved to be a key strategic advantage as we implemented an offensive attack.  I can only imagine what visitors to the park that evening thought as they witnessed us lobbing water balloons at each other while wearing fashionable neon glow sticks around our necks, foreheads and limbs.  They probably thought we were gang affiliated, clearly a gang with ties to the underground rave scene.

The weapons cache

 Game face

 Armed and Dangerous
 My team
 Strategizing

A victory celebration

Group photo

I really do enjoy finding these spontaneous moments of simple pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment