Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Bobcat

As many of you know, I have been on quite a bobcat kick since first spotting one in the wild at Comanche National Grasslands back in February.
One of the perks of being out in such a remote area of Eastern Colorado for 2 and a half months is that I spotted  copious amounts of wildlife, including my elusive Bobcat.

In fact, Bob-the-Cat came panting right up into the front yard.   And with my ever present camera I captured it. (Click on the photos to enlarge)


Closeup

Here is a video clip of him lumbering into the yard.


I asked my cat what she thought of this big ol' putty tat in her yard.  Her response:
BRING IT BEE-YOTCH!!
I didn't feel it was necessary to ask why she was hiding at the top of the stairs in the shop.

The bobcat weighs his options of leaving the safety of cover in order to dash across vast open land in order to escape the pesky camera man.

Eventually he darts for the rear of the house.  I pursue.  He evades me for a few minutes and then I spot him again.  I am able to get this fleeting glimpse of his departure (and my laundry).



Closeup


No comments:

Post a Comment