Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Socializing again

After my overextended trip into no-man's land I had an opportunity to immerse myself into a highly charged social atmosphere.  While this may be normal behavior for the people I was with tonight, it has been something sorely missed by this ramblin' man.  Amanda swung by and picked me up from the hotel that I splurged on in order to get cleaned up and recharge my batteries (literally).  We drive to Phil's house where I have been to before for small group meetings.  This group turned out to be considerably larger than previous groups.  The excuse for this gathering was celebration of summer solstice.  The activities were kicked off with some ultimate frisbee.  For the uninitiated, it is a game played with a frisbee and non-stop sprinting.  My lungs cursed me and my heart threatened to leave through my rib cage.  It was incredible fun.
After that, we moved indoors for a group game called 'Signs', a covert game using subtle gestures to confound the person trying to guess who 'had the sign'.  It too was a good time on a more sedate level, thankfully.
These activities were peppered with social times where everyone mingled. Old friends caught up on current events and I saw the makings of several potential new friendships.  Everyone was great and the atmosphere was congenial.  It was punctuated by the diversity of personalities that kept things lively.

Here is Amanda with a mischievous looking Amy following
Daniel and Jared

Heading out to play Ultimate Frisbee
 Snapshot to preserve the moment

I will return to updating my trip to eastern Colorado soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment