Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hail storm and Tornado Warning while on the bus

I have been expanding my online repertoire to now include YouTube.  It will make sharing videos easier.  Also I am hoping it will hold me accountable to start producing better quality, entertaining clips.  With that said, this video could stand a little more editing but I am having memory issues (lack of it) with my computer.

A little background on the following video...This video was taken during my jaunt out to the big city of Burlington in order for me to get online after over a month of wilderness time.  The weather chose this time to get interesting.  I get a chuckle watching myself when the hail starts getting bigger.  I was sure it was cracking my plastic air conditioning covers.  And the loud sound caused me to jump involuntarily.  There was a tornado warning for my area at the time which added to my apprehension.   Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. My personal opinion, the videos are great except you tend to lose you voice; literally. You capture the essence of the genuine experience; which, if refined or edited, I think would rob your viewer of the raw emotion and reality you wish to portray.

    I love that Miss P is sitting behind you looking out the window at the beginning. And the rainbow is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is my camera. It is durable and waterproof but it lacks two essential qualities...a decent zoom (it only has 3x) and a decent microphone. I am very much looking into upgrading. I am lucky to get the shots I did with what I was working with.
    I like that you noticed that I captured the reality of the moment. It is surreal to be caught in a storm that is intensifying knowing a tornado warning has been issued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek, that kind of hail usually sends me under the nearest freeway overpass to protect the aluminum skin of my nearly 40 year old camper.

    All the way across the country and back as I did it in september, October, and November, I kept tuning the weather radio dial on my CB to keep in touch with the local area forecasts and so that the severe weather alarm would work properly (Radio emits a hit pitched warning tone for a few seconds, even if it's turned off, if a weather alert is broadcast).

    ReplyDelete