Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Grammy night and Sledding

I really dig Nashville. Something is always going on. One of the first days I was here, my brother's bride-to-be Bethany went to her florist to pick up flowers for the wedding but Jewel was there filming a video. Today, Jason went to eat at Baja Burrito (think Moe's) and Kevin Costner came in at the same time to have lunch. For Grammy night, I watched the Grammy award show at a girl Hillary's with a bunch of people, she wasn't there. Evidently she is the lead singer of a band, Lady Antebellum and won the Grammy for best country performance by duo or group. They were also nominated for best country song but I think Taylor Swift got that one. They did perfom at the awards show. I just googled them and they now have the #1 pop album this week. I never heard of them before I went to Hillary's house to watch the Grammy show. I saw a framed platinum record on the wall. Guess they are pretty good.
After watching the the Grammys (that sounds like a good title to a retirement home sitcom), a few of us decided to go sledding. Missy upped the ante by telling us how they do it in Texas, by towing the sledder behind a vehicle, and she just happened to have brought a ski rope. We all drove over to a local high school with what we figured to be a big enough parking lot. When everybody with cars finished doing donuts in the parking lot (to presumably practice handling their vehicles in snow and ice) we tied the ski rope to the back of Missy's Jeep. The parking lot proved unworthy of our talent so we moved to the road. Each time a new person went it was as if they had to somehow top the person before them. That meant go faster than before. The last person reached 35 mph on very icy roads. Fun and easy for the sledder, scary and dangerous for the driver of the jeep. It was a mailbox and tree lined narrow road. I am glad to report there were no injuries and it was one of the best times I have had in a long time.

After the Grammys before going sledding--
Evan displays his game face
Tiffany - Hawaiian Princess
Photo ops before sledding


Redneck skiing

No comments:

Post a Comment