Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Legal Tennessee Resident

Ok, I went and got my license that shows I am a Tennessee citizen. I had to have 4 different documents proving that I live here. No easy feat for a mobile man like myself. But I am determined. Now I can go get some work.
On my way to the DMV I stopped by Autozone and picked up some spark plugs to try and fix a generator problem. The problem that when the generator did finally run, it surged. That means it sounded like the engine was being revved and released, revved and released. This caused very unstable electricity flow, my lights would glow bright and dim to the tune of the surge. Fortunately replacing rusting spark plugs seems to have fixed the problem. Now that sucker purrs.
I may have an alternator issue. My starting battery died, when I wanted to drive somewhere I would have to jump myself off (that phrase just doesn't sound right). I would connect my jumper cables to my house batteries and then to my starting battery. I had hoped that driving around town would charge the starting battery but no such luck. In fact, when I had my first riding passenger, Keith, the battery totally died driving to his place. It was nighttime and my headlights drained the last little juice out of the battery. We drove the last 2 miles in the dark without headlights. Good news is that a diesel engine doesn't have spark plugs (it runs off compression instead of a spark) so my engine still ran strong once the battery died. I charged the battery at my brother's house and I tightened what appears to be a loose alternator belt. Hopefully that solves the problem, I will know if my battery dies again.
Here is a pic of jumping the starting battery.

I stayed in front of Keith & Bethany's house while the battery recharged. Here are the newlyweds at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment