Thursday, February 18, 2010

I dig the little things

I got a paid job. I will be an extra in the movie 'Love Don't Let Me Down' with Gwyneth Paltrow and Tim McGraw for the day tomorrow. It isn't a big deal in the big picture of things but it is the little moments like this that make life interesting. I did extra work on the movie 'Leatherheads' with George Clooney for 3 days and although you only see me if you pause the DVD and look closely, those 3 seconds of fame were pretty cool. I figure I am due another 14 minutes and 57 seconds. Maybe I can add another 3 seconds to my resume tomorrow.
Today the weather has been sunny and nice, probably 45 degrees. Nala and I went for a walk to a local park. More of a trail to the river with a plaque describing an obscure civil war battle, but it is the most enjoyable outdoor time I have had in a while.
I met a curious fella and his daughter on my walk. He told me he home schooled his daughter and I got the distinct impression that they were homeless. He gave me some good info on the local bus system (he doesn't have his own vehicle) and provided some interesting theories on 'Hollow Earth' and Antarctica. It was really eyebrow raising when he thought the North Pole and Antarctica were in the same place. He was a friendly guy though.

No comments:

Post a Comment