Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Borger, TX

I know you may be asking yourselves, "I wonder if Brian was cold last night".  Well, yes...yes I was.  But with some modifications (ie. cranking the propane heater full blast, wearing long underwear and burrowing under my heap of blankets) I was once again comfortable.  Aforementioned modification didn't do jack, though, while I was outside snapping pics of the snow storm.


The driving wind blew the sugar fine snow into a series of small ridges that looked an awful lot like beach sand.   Cold, bright white beach sand.

Had this been the fluffy, ski resort type snow I would wager I would have found a foot of snow on the ground.  Instead I only found a couple of inches.  Beautiful sunny skies are here again..

Did I mention it was cold?  The water coming out of this spigot was not dripping, it was a steady stream.  At least until the cold caught up with it.  The water is still running down the center when this picture was taken.

I went out exploring.  I let myself into the local high school ballfield.  

Now I am going to start planning the next leg of my journey.  I think I will make a short hop up the road, about an hour north.  I heard about another city park campsite with electricity was there.  My three days are up here.  After my next stop there is a long stretch where I won't have internet access until I get into Colorado.   The internet is my lifeline for when trouble strikes.  I can research any solution.  I suppose if I am to be roughin' it I need to be able to live without it for a few days.  Repeat after me...No bus troubles, no bus troubles...
As a final note, about a month ago I redirected my custom domain, TrustedCompass.com, to point to this blog.  I will continue to use it here until I build a dedicated web site.  I really enjoy learning new things...how to convert a bus, survive in inclement weather, scout out new towns to camp in, find a little work, build a web site,  take better pictures, edit video, update my blog...basically everything I do is new.  With that comes a learning curve.  The first time always takes the longest and everything is self taught (so it takes even longer for simple fella like myself).  Your patience is appreciated as I juggle all these new found skills.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, congratulations.
    Hello from Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from America. Are you heading up to the states to travel? Thanks for the pictures comments.
    I need to check out your blog next.
    Hi my name is Brian.

    ReplyDelete