Sunday, February 27, 2011

Arrival in Denver, Colorado

I made the drive yesterday from Pueblo to Denver.  The 2 hour northern drive was kept interesting by the strong winds from the west.

I believe this is the first time I have seen an interstate sport one of these signs for cyclists.

Also, on this interstate, I found these signs taunting my speed challenged bus. (also, it seems to be recipe for disaster when combined with previous picture)

The view of the mountain range as I drive into Colorado Springs.

  The drive was really great.  Ever since I have been in Colorado I have received an abundant amount of positive reaction about the bus.  At stop lights, people roll their window to tell me they like the bus, people honk and wave on the interstate, throw me the peace sign, or pump their arm out the window.
I love my bus.  It's thick steel frame, the galvanized sheet metal skin, high ground clearance and other tank like qualities make it the perfect go anywhere outdoor vehicle.   I can go places other commercial RV's wouldn't dare go.
I am now in Denver, at a friend's place, taking care of laundry and getting my first shower in three weeks.  My friend remarked that she didn't find my odor offensive.  That's because my natural man scent is one of life's great aromas like baking cookies, fresh cut grass, or the top of a newborn baby's head.
I am now going to look into where to focus my attention for temporary residency.  The top two contenders are Boulder or here in Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment