Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stinnett, TX and Dumas, TX

This will be a double post, covering the two towns I stayed in recently.

Once I got the bus up and running after that terrible winter storm I left Borger and headed a half hour up the road to Stinnett, TX.  The town of Stinnett is truly a one stoplight town.  I could not get internet service, which has thrown my schedule all out of whack.  I made a one night only appearance.

Parked in Stinnett, TX

Another driving shot.



Stinnett City Hall is across the street.

Once I left Stinnett, I headed to Dumas Texas, about an hour west.  I am serious about taking my time heading west.  Tonight is my second night here and the internet connection is the fastest I have had since I have had my mobile internet card.
The accommodations here are...interesting.  Like many places before, the town of Dumas provides RVers with a place to plug in for the night.  It is basically a giant parking lot with about 20 power post lined up in a row.  No water to hook up to but there is a faucet by the dump station.  It is a popular stopover.  I had 3 other RVers camp here last night.  Another 2 came today.  Plenty of room for everybody to spread out.
Weather has warmed up considerably.  I popped open the back window of the bus and let some fresh air blow on through.

You don't find a view like that everyday.

A penny for your...

Some may think it is a nuisance...well, maybe 6 times a day is much.

1 comment:

  1. Half an hour? That must be a slow bus! Lol!

    ReplyDelete