Friday, December 3, 2010

October and November Recap-Family Matters

Here are some more catch up moments from the past couple of months.
When I first arrived in Columbia, Jose (an exchange student that lived with us while in High School, he's the same age as my youngest brother), was visiting from Spain. It has been a few years since I've seen him. We all went out to a nice Tapas restaurant but I waited until we went to Waffle House until I whipped my camera out. Jose ate at there every morning he was in town. He feels strongly that Spain needs this particular franchise desperately.

I got to visit with all my family in Columbia. Here is Rick, Angela, Mom and Mark.

Mark and I giving a pre-Halloween preview. Not my finest work but supplies went missing.
My nieces, Emily and Abigail on the bus. Sharing their ever present smiles.
Emily likes Uncle Brian's cartoon collection

All I want for Christmas is....
Me and Mom at her birthday cookout.

Rick and Ray tending grill
This is what they were tending to...Dove breast wrapped in bacon with a slice of jalapeno tucked in between. This was the appetizer and the BEST app I have ever eaten, seriously.
Full moon over the fire pit
Mom by the firepit
Firepit time with Ray sharing a story and a laugh.

Bethany, Booger and Keith (Keith is the one wearing the jacket). I took this one moments before I left Nashville. I stayed at their place for 2 nights after the most white knuckle bus drive ever. It was a trifecta of bad elements-Night, Rain and Wind (the wind was the worst problem). I was buffeted by wind (felt like blowing a tire at times), and my headlights in the rain only illuminated about 4 traffic lines ahead, the rest was pitch black. I just had to have faith that the road would keep showing up with nothing in it.
I have more videos than pics of this phase. When I get around to editing them I will post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment