Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

I have been thinking back over the events of the past year as I sit here in Elk City. The first big event was my brother getting married, which had me going to Nashville. In the months I was in Nashville I:
- watched the Grammys from the house of a winner of a Grammy
- was an extra in a movie
- was in an American Lung Association commercial
- was a guinea pig for Vanderbilt University
- got a job where I quickly became a supervisor
I traveled with the job to Gastonia, NC and back to Tennessee, this time to Sparta. After that location I traveled to work in Johnson City. In September I retired. (-:
I spent time with friends and family up up until Thanksgiving and then I started my adventure heading west.
Now I am about to start finding work in Oklahoma . I look forward to what 2011 holds in store for me.

Right now, I have the TV on...a rare luxury. The news channels are covering the ball drop in Times Square in NYC. It reminds me of the time I was in Times Square for the New Year's Eve event after 9/11. Security was tight, it was cold, we were corralled into sections to view the ball drop, and we had the time of our lives. We flew down for the one night and stayed in the Waldorf Astoria. It still ranks as one of my best spontaneous trips destination. It continues to pays off dividends in memories every year at this time as I watch the televised annual celebration.

Happy New Year to Everybody!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! May you continue to enjoy life to it's fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the new look of your blog, Brian! The colors are so warm and rich and really speak volumes about the content of your journey. Only thing I miss is the phrase, "fortune favors the bold." Don't know if its yours or someone elses but it is something I find myself saying all the time!

    Hoping the new year brings much health and prosperity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for point that out Tracey. The phrase will be back...as well as some more tune-ups.

    ReplyDelete