Sunday, March 13, 2011

Best Day Yet in Denver

Today was awesome!  I have just returned from Wash Park (officially Washington Park) and having a great day at playing volleyball.  My skills were a little rusty at first but then I starting to find my groove again.  I figure a few more days like today and I will be back to playing in my true form.
A wonderful girl, named Amanda, invited me out to play.  She shares my passion for the sport.  Very cool.  It was a beautiful sunny day and the quality of play was excellent.  I have been deprived from competitive play these past two years.  I've had to sacrifice my standards and play with groups that weren't as challenging.  The best thing for my game is to find a good group with a mix of people as good or better than me.  They raise the level of my play.  I met several cool people while playing.  I will take pictures next time.  I was loving the experience too much this time.
I can see that I will be a regular fixture at Wash Park.  It is dog friendly.  It has a path for bikes and a separate one for runners/walkers, both circle the park, which is huge.  I am still feeling the adrenaline pump from today's action...and it is addictive.  I can't wait to get my next fix.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just hopped over to your site via StumbleUpon. Not somthing I would normally read, but I liked your thoughts none the less. Thanks for making something worth reading.
    Stapleton denver

    ReplyDelete