Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Call of the Wild

When hunting for predators in Colorado, one must be properly prepared.  Below are some of the informational brochures and animal calls I picked up during my travel into the state.
My animal call skills may rank as novice right now, but with a little practice I plan on becoming a Master Predator Whisperer.  Mountain Lions and Bears will bound toward me in slow motion with hearts in their eyes, just like in Disney cartoon.  That's how it works, right?   Maybe an open can of Friskies at my feet...and of course, I will be wearing my catnip teabag necklace.
Here Kitty, Kitty...

These are pics from a trip to Grandfather Mountain a few years ago with a photographer friend.  She had incredible access to areas I normally wouldn't be able to go.


 He was purring.  Trivia: The Mountain Lion (AKA Puma, Cougar) is the largest cat that is able to purr.

 It was a very cool experience to be this close.

Next goal, see one in the wild...from a distance.  And the only shooting I will be doing is with my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment