Thursday, March 31, 2011

While I Am Away

Since my last post, I intended to blog like crazy before I left the cyber world behind for a month.  Instead, I have been busy planning and working to get ready for the upcoming trip.  If I forget something...too bad.

I don't want to leave my wise and dedicated followers without good reading material just because I will be temporarily absent.  So I would like you to check out a few of my personal favorite blogs.

Diary of a Midlife Cruiser -  This is the funniest blog I follow and I recommend that if you like to laugh to check it out too.  The first time I read one of the posts I didn't 'get it' because of the interesting use of sentence structure, different fonts and photos.  Then once I got it, I couldn't get enough.  It follows Nellie (the author) and her husband Jonathon as they full-time it in an RV.   And did I mention it's funny?

Alison Travels- This blog is one of my favorites because this girl (Alison) has traveled cross country with her dog, a tent and a camera for the past few years.  I seriously envy her photography skills and admire her blog. She is one to watch because her life is interesting and she makes it fun to follow along.  Alison is the most like me in spirit.

The Good Luck Duck - I like this blog because they mix in a good dash of humor into a nuts and bolts improvement project.  And like all my other favorite bloggers, they are animal lovers.  This blog would be best for RV owners, pet lovers or oxygen breathers.

VanTramps and Vansteaders - I put these two blogs together because they are a husband and wife team.  I like this blog because like myself they are not full-timing in the traditional motorhome.  They also met while individually traveling full-time and ended up getting married.  Great story.  They have tons of useful information on the full-timing lifestyle and have much less space to operate (I'm impressed).

So, that is my short list for now.  That should hold you over until I return.  If I can make the time I will try to post once more before I leave.

2 comments:

  1. Brian, I have spent the time to read all of your blog. I have enjoyed it immensely.

    I have a 1973 Blue Bird bus that was in the service of the Johnson City emergency management.

    You can read about it on Sharkey's web site.

    http://www.mrsharkey.com/forum/vwtp.php?t=965

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your Website Rudy, I think I'll be spending some more time over there again soon

    ReplyDelete